Welcome to your #1 Fake Diploma, Transcript and Certificate Source. 17 years in business, Fast Quality Products, Honest Live Support. 

Article - Colleges in Canada that have closed, merged, or changed their names

College Name    City    Country    Start Date    End Date    Affiliation    Other Information    Source
Albert College    Belleville    Canada    1857    
    Methodist Episcopal    founded as Belleville Seminary; chartered as Albert College in 1866 and granted college degrees from 1867-1883; reverted to status of college/university prep after 1884     http://www.albertc.on.ca/default2.asp
Harris, Robin S. A History of Higher Education in Canada 1663-1960.  University of Toronto Press. 1976.
Alberta Ladies College    Red Deer, Alberta    Canada    1913    
    Presbyterian    constructed on the east side of Red Deer, moved to South Edmonton in 1916    
Alberta College    Edmonton, Alberta    Canada    
    On July 1, 2002, Alberta College was officially integrated with Grant MacEwan College, to become the Alberta College Campus of Grant MacEwan College    http://www.advancededucation.gov.ab.ca/news/2000/june/nr-ABcollege.asp
Atlantic Baptist College    Moncton, New Brunswick    Canada    1949    
    Baptist    founded as United Baptist Bible Training School by the United Baptist Convention (later, the Convention of Atlantic Baptist Churches); evolved to become a Bible college and junior college by 1968; name change to Atlantic Baptist College in 1970; name change to Atlantic Baptist University in 1996; name change to Crandall University in 2009    
Bishop Latimer College    Vancouver, British Columbia    Canada    1906    
    Anglican    Latimer Hall was an evangelical institution, initially named Bishop Latimer College. It officially opened in 1910 at 1548 Haro Street, Vancouver, as one of the two training schools that were an integral part of the Anglican Theological College of British Columbia (ATC). It was incorporated in 1911. The organizational structure included Trustees, a Council and Executive Committee, a Finance Committee and a Committee on Students. The officers were appointed. In 1920 Latimer Hall merged with St. Mark's Hall, becoming a unified body under the name "The Anglican Theological College of British Columbia" (A.T.C.), but remained at the same location. In 1927 the College moved to a new location on the University of British Columbia campus. In 1971, it amalgamated with Union College to form the Vancouver School of Theology.    http://aabc.bc.ca/aabc/anglican.html
Calgary General Hospital School of Nursing    Calgary, Alberta    Canada    1895    1974    
    first "probationer" Marion Moodie, was admitted to the hospital training school; first full-time instructor, Miss B. Rutherford, was appointed in 1919. The apprenticeship system of nurse training continued until 1923, when a well-organized training program based on a sound and thorough curriculum was established by the newly appointed Instructor of Nurses, Miss Jessie A. Connal. A School of Nursing and residence were built in 1956. closed having graduated 2,940 nurses as part of a nation-wide trend towards the closing of hospital training schools in favour of post-secondary education    www.crha-health.ab.ca/infoprivacy/Archives/NursingTranscripts.htm
http://www.archivesalberta.org/general/database.htm
Camrose Lutheran College    Camrose, Alberta    Canada    1910    
    began offering university work in 1959 as an affiliate of the University of Alberta; name changed to Augustana University College in 1991; became a faculty of the University of Alberta in 2004    http://www.augustana.ab.ca/aboutus/
Canadian College of Business & English    Toronto, Ontario    Canada    
    2009    
Canadian Mennonite Bible College    Winnipeg, Manitoba    Canada    1947    
    Conference of Mennonites in Canada    For its first two years the college operated in the Bethel Mennonite Mission Church in Winnipeg; it then moved to a large private home on Wellington Crescent; moved to present location at Grant and Shaftesbury in January 1956; joined with Concord College (previously Mennonite Brethren Bible College) and Menno Simons College to form Canadian Mennonite University that received a charter in 1998    http://www.cmu.ca/who_3.html
http://www.cmu.ca/who_5.html
Cariboo College    Kamloops, British Columbia    Canada    1970    
    founded as a community college in cooperation with Kamloops Vocational School (later, B.C. Vocational School/Kamloops); in 1974 the two joined together; over time additional centres were opened and by 1995 the name changed to University College of the Cariboo; in 2005 acquired assets of British Columbia Open University; now Thompson Rivers University    http://www.tru.ca/about_tru/history.html
College of Bytown    Ottawa, Ontario    Canada    1848    
    Oblate Fathers    founded as Collège Saint-Joseph; renamed a year later; chartered as University of Ottawa in 1866    Harris, Robin S. A History of Higher Education in Canada 1663-1960.  University of Toronto Press. 1976.
Collège St-Denis-sur-Richeliew    Quebec    Canada    1805    1811    Catholic    
    Harris, Robin S. A History of Higher Education in Canada 1663-1960.  University of Toronto Press. 1976.
Collège de St. Roch    Quebec    Canada    1818    1830    Catholic    
    Harris, Robin S. A History of Higher Education in Canada 1663-1960.  University of Toronto Press. 1976.
Collège de Chambly    Quebec    Canada    1825    1857    Catholic    
    Harris, Robin S. A History of Higher Education in Canada 1663-1960.  University of Toronto Press. 1976.
Columbian Methodist College    Vancouver, British Columbia    Canada    1892    
    Methodist    
    Harris, Robin S. A History of Higher Education in Canada 1663-1960.  University of Toronto Press. 1976.
Congregational College of British North America    
    Canada    1841    
    moved to Montreal and in 1865 began affiliation with McGill University    Harris, Robin S. A History of Higher Education in Canada 1663-1960.  University of Toronto Press. 1976.

www.ourroots.ca/e/toc.asp?id=790
Covenant Bible College    
    Canada    1941    2007    
    founded as Covenant Bible Institute in Saskatchewan by the Canada Conference of the Evangelical Covenant Church; initially offered a 3 year program and in 1957 became a 2 year program; by 1962 name change to Covenant Bible College and the program was shortened to one academic year; early leadership by Joel Peterson & Wendell Anderson; class sizes typically ranged from 25 to 45 students; in 1995 due to increasing enrollment and an aging facility, the college was relocated to Strathmore, Alberta; in 1998, a campus was established in Windsor, Colorado; in 2000, a third campus community began in Ecuador, situated in La Merced, near Quito; in 2004  formally affiliated with the Evangelical Covenant Church headquartered in Chicago, Illinois; all locations closed in 2007;    http://www.covchurch.org/cov/news/item5408.html
http://www.canadacovenantchurch.org/cbcfaq.html
Emily Carr College of Art    Vancouver, British Columbia    Canada    1925    
    founded as the Vancouver School of Decorative and Applied Arts; name change in 1936 to Vancouver School of Art; in 1970's became part of Vancouver Vocational Institute and later attained autonomy as an independent college with the name of Emily Carr College of Art; name change in 2008 to Emily Carr University of Art + Design    http://www.ecuad.ca/
Ewart College    Toronto, Ontario    Canada    1897    
    The Presbyterian Church In Canada    Founded as Ewart Missionary Training Home.  Named after Catherine (Seaton) Ewart president of the Woman's Foreign Missionary Society (W. D.) from 1881 until her death in 1897. Nurses, teachers, missionaries, social workers and others who were employed by the church received some of their education at Ewart. From its early emphasis on training for overseas mission work and service here in Canada the role of the College gradually moved toward an emphasis on Christian Education, receiving in 1969 the mandate from the Church to be the College of Christian Education. Became co-educational in 1973. By action of the 117th General Assembly (1991), Ewart and Knox Colleges were amalgamated with Knox has designed its basic degree curriculum to provide concentration in Christian Education, Societal and Pastoral Ministries.     http://www.utoronto.ca/knox/History.htm
Foothills Hospital School of Nursing    Calgary, Alberta    Canada    1968    
    The Foothills Hospital School of Nursing admitted its first class of student nurses in 1965 and held its last graduation in 1995.  During its years of operation 2,488 men and women graduated from the diploma program.    www.crha-health.ab.ca/infoprivacy/Archives/NursingTranscripts.htm
http://asalive.archivesalberta.org:8080/access/asa/archaa/display/UOFC-1353
Holy Cross Hospital School of Nursing    Calgary, Alberta    Canada    1907    1979    
    The Holy Cross Hospital was founded in January 1891 by four nuns of the Order of the Sisters of Charity (Grey Nuns of Montreal). In 1907 the Holy Cross School of Nursing was established under the direction of Sister M. Fafard, and in 1910 five lay nurses became the first graduates of the School. Students of all denominations were accepted, and by its closing in 1979, the School had graduated 2410 nurses.
In 1970, the School came under the jurisdiction of the Metro Calgary and Rural General Hospital District No. 93, along with the Rockyview Hospital and Holy Cross Hospital. During the 1970s, the three-year hospital-based diploma program fell victim to declining enrollment and a tighter job market for nurses in Canada. The Holy Cross School of Nursing ceased enrollment in September 1977, with the June 1979 graduates being the last to receive their diplomas from the School.     www.crha-health.ab.ca/infoprivacy/Archives/NursingTranscripts.htm
http://www.ucalgary.ca/library/SpecColl/holycros.htm
Jesuit College    Quebec    Canada    
    1768    
    Harris, Robin S. A History of Higher Education in Canada 1663-1960.  University of Toronto Press. 1976.
King's College    New Brunswick    Canada    1785    
    probably no instruction past secondary level until after 1820; reorganized in 1859 as non-denominational University of New Brunswick    Harris, Robin S. A History of Higher Education in Canada 1663-1960.  University of Toronto Press. 1976.
King's College    Toronto, Ontario    Canada    1843    1849    Church of England    received a Royal Charter in 1827, but no classes offered until 1843; abolished by the legislature and was replaced by non-denominational University of Toronto    Harris, Robin S. A History of Higher Education in Canada 1663-1960.  University of Toronto Press. 1976.
Loyola College    Montreal, Quebec    Canada    1896    1974    Jesuit    grew out of the English-language program of the Jesuit Collège Sainte-Marie in Montreal; initially offered preparatory studies for young men, opening its doors to women students in 1959; in 1974, Loyola College merged with Sir George Williams University to form Concordia University    http://alumni.concordia.ca/loyola/
Malaspina University College    Nanaimo, British Columbia    Canada    1936    
    name change to Vancouver Island University    http://www.mala.ca/about/history/index.asp
Maritime Bible College    West Gore, Nova Scotia    Canada    1908    1915    Disciples of Christ    
    Cummins, D. Duane.  The Disciples Colleges: A History.  1987
www.mun.ca/rels/restmov/texts/rbutchart/dcc/DCC11.HTM
Menno Simons College    Winnipeg, Manitoba    Canada    
    received a charter from the Manitba government to operated as an autonomous institution with degree granting powers; three years later the Mennonite Studies Centre was established on campus at the University of Winnipeg to conduct teaching, research, and service activities; August 4, 1988, officially came into existence as an undergraduate college affiliated with the University of Winnipeg; joined with Canadian Mennonite Bible College and Concord College to form Canadian Mennonite University that received a charter in 1998    http://www.cmu.ca/who_3.html
http://www.cmu.ca/who_5.html
Mennonite Brethren Bible College    Winnipeg, Manitoba    Canada    1944    
    Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches    located at intersection of Henderson Highway and Talbot Avenue; name changed to Concord College in 1992; joined with Canadian Mennonite Bible College and Menno Simons College to form Canadian Mennonite University that received a charter in 1998    http://www.cmu.ca/who_3.html
http://www.cmu.ca/who_5.html
Morrin College    Quebec City    Canada    1864    1918    Presbyterian    affiliated with McGill University    http://www.archives.mcgill.ca/resources/guide/vol1/rg90.htm
Northern Bible College    Red Deer, Alberta    Canada    1927    
    Church of the Nazarene    founded as Alberta School of Evangelism, later renamed Northern Bible College and later yet, Canadian Nazarene College; in 1961 moved to Winnipeg in Manitoba and in 1999 became Canadian Nazarene University College; beginning in Fall 2003 moved to Calgary and joined with Canadian Bible College as part of Alliance University College-Nazarene University College    http://www.nuc.edu/about_us/index.html
Notre Dame College    Ottawa, Ontario    Canada    1932    1959    Sisters of Congregation of Notre Dame    
    http://www.umanitoba.ca/colleges/st_pauls/ccha/Back%20Issues/CCHA1982/MacDougall.html
Notre Dame University    Nelson, British Columbia    Canada    1950    1977    
    in 1951 was affiliated as a junior college with Gonzaga University (Spokane, WA); in 1961 became affiliated with St. Francis Xavier University of Antigonish, Nova Scotia; in 1963 received provisional charter as a private university; campus was later occupied by the David Thompson University Centre (with the participation of the University of Victoria, Selkirk College and Kootenay School of the Arts) that then closed in 1984    http://www.mala.bc.ca/homeroom/content/timeline/1950s/1950.htm
http://www.dtcs.kics.bc.ca/history.html
Nova Scotia College of Art and Design    Halifax, Nova Scotia    Canada    1887    
    founded as the Victoria School of Art and Design; the first classes were held in the Union Bank building at the corner of Hollis and Prince Streets and in 1890, the school rented three rooms in the Halifax Academy. It moved again in 1903 to the Old National School (now the Five Fishermen restaurant) near Grand Parade Square, where it remained for 54 years. In 1925 under the direction of the school‘s first female principal, Elizabeth Styring Nutt, it was renamed the Nova Scotia College of Art and incorporated by Provincial charter. By 1957, post-war growth prompted the college’s next move, to a large four-storey church hall on Coburg Road near Dalhousie University, which saw a six-story expansion for studios and galleries in 1968. In 1969, the school was renamed the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design (NSCAD).  Now known as the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design University (NSCAD University).    http://nscad.ca/en/home/abouttheuniversity/past-present/default.aspx
Nova Scotia Technical College    Halifax, Nova Scotia    Canada    1907    
    Dr. Frederick Sexton served as the first principal, and later president, of NSTC from 1907 to 1947.  By 1980, NSTC became the Technical University of Nova Scotia (TUNS); amalgamated with Dalhousie University in April 1997 and was called Dalhousie University Polytechnic (DalTech) until 2001; now known as the Sexton Campus of Dalhousie University, with the engineering faculty now known as the Dalhousie University Faculty of Engineering and the architecture and planning faculty now known as the Dalhousie University Faculty of Architecture and Planning. The computer science faculty at TUNS was merged with Dalhousie's after the 1997 amalgamation, becoming the Dalhousie University Faculty of Computer Science. Computer science moved into a new building on the Studley Campus in 1999.    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nova_Scotia_Technical_College
Ontario College of Art & Design    Toronto, Ontario    Canada    1876    
    initially known as the Ontario School of Art; Toronto School of Art from 1886-1890; the Central Ontario School of Art and Industrial Design from 1890-1912; the Ontario College of Art from 1912-1996; the Ontario College of Art & Design from 1996-2010; now, the Ontario College of Art & Design University (OCAD University)    http://www.ocad.ca/about_ocad.htm
Ottawa Ladies College    Ottawa, Ontario    Canada    
    Carleton moved to former campus of Ottawa Ladies College in 1946    http://www.carleton.ca/cu/aboutus/
http://collections.ic.gc.ca/sva/on/ott_02/pg_10e.htm
Prairie College    Rapid City, Manitoba    Canada    1880    
    Baptist    Dr. John Crawford and Rev. G. B. Davis opened Prairie College in Rapid City, 20 miles north of Brandon; the College failed and Rev. Davis founded a small academy in Rapid City, which was subsequently taken over by his brother-in-law, Prof. S. J. McKee. McKee’s Academy was moved to Brandon in 1890 and is considered a predecor of the University of Brandon    http://discover.brandonu.ca/webtour/historybu.asp
Presbyterian Theological College    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan    Canada    1914    
    Presbyterian    established by the General Assembly in 1912, was incorporated in 1913 as the Presbyterian Theological College, Saskatoon, and authorized to confer degrees in Divinity. In 1924 its name was changed to St. Andrew's College. On June 10, 1925, it passed into The United Church of Canada. It is now recognized by the United Church as its primary centre for theological education for ordination for the Prairie region. On July 1, 2000, St. Andrew's College amalgamated with St. Stephen's College in Edmonton, Alberta. St Stephen's College is also sponsored by The United Church of Canada (www.ualberta.ca/st.stephens). St. Andrew's College operates in cooperation with the Anglican College of Emmanuel and St. Chad and the Lutheran Theological Seminary in the Saskatoon Theological Union    http://www.usask.ca/calendar/theological/standrews/
Providence University College    Winnipeg, Manitoba    Canada    1925    
    interdenominational    founded as Winnipeg Bible Training School, later renamed Winnipeg Bible Institute; renamed Winnipeg Bible College after 1963; name change to Providence College and Theological Seminary in 1992; name change to Providence University College on June 16, 2011    http://www.providencecollege.ca/college/about_us/providence_college_name_change/
Sir George Williams University    Montreal, Quebec    Canada    1926    1974    
    In 1873 the YMCA inaugurated evening courses in vocational and general education, adopting the name Sir George Williams College in 1926, in honour of the founder of the YMCA;  the college was intended to expand formal education opportunities for both young men and women employed in Montreal, and grew from a two-year program in the 1920s to a four-year program in 1934. In 1948 officially obtained a university charter although it had been granting degrees since 1936-37. In 1959, the college changed its name to Sir George Williams University; was the first Canadian university that offered a full range of university programs to evening students; merged with Loyola College to form Concordia University    http://alumni.concordia.ca/sgw/
St. Dunstan's College    Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island    Canada    1855    
    absorbed within University of Prince Edward Island in 1969    Harris, Robin S. A History of Higher Education in Canada 1663-1960.  University of Toronto Press. 1976.
St. Joseph's College    Memramcook, New Brunswick    Canada    1864    
    absorbed within Universitè de Moncton in 1963    Harris, Robin S. A History of Higher Education in Canada 1663-1960.  University of Toronto Press. 1976.
St. Marks Hall    Vancouver, British Columbia    Canada    
    Anglican    In 1902, Bishop John Dart (New Westminster) informed the "English Association for New Westminster and Kootnay" of the need for a diocesan theological school to train clergymen for western Canada. No significant action was taken until 1910 when a large grant from an Anglican conference held in London, UK, was designated with the stipulation that it be used only for a provincial theological school. This event provided the impetus for three British Columbia Bishops to prepare a plan for theological education in the province. It was approved by the Provincial Synod and the English donors who distributed the funds through the British Columbia and Church Aid Society. St. Mark's Hall opened in 1912 at 1249 Davie Street, Vancouver, as one of the two training existing schools. In 1913 St. Mark's Hall was incorporated. In 1920, it merged with Latimer Hall, becoming a unified body under the name, "The Anglican Theological College of British Columbia" (A.T.C.) and moved to the Latimer Hall building on Haro Street, Vancouver. In 1927 the College moved into a new building on the University of British Columbia campus. In 1971 ATC amalgamated with Union College to become Vancouver School of Theology.    http://aabc.bc.ca/aabc/anglican.html
St. Patrick's College    Ottawa, Ontario    Canada    1929    1979    Oblates of Mary Immaculate    founded as outgrowth of longstanding controversy over use of French and English as language of instruction at the University of Ontario;  remained affiliated with University of Ontario after founding; in 1967 affiliated with Carleton University as a separate faculty; declining enrollments and budgetary pressures in the 1970's led to closure by 1979 and Carleton's absorption of social work and journalism programs    http://www.umanitoba.ca/colleges/st_pauls/ccha/Back%20Issues/CCHA1982/MacDougall.html
St. Thomas College    St. Thomas, Ontario    Canada    1897    1906    Disciples of Christ    after 1906 referred to as Sinclair College and continued operating for a couple of more years    Cummins, D. Duane.  The Disciples Colleges: A History.  1987
www.mun.ca/rels/restmov/texts/rbutchart/dcc/DCC11.HTM
University of Halifax    Nova Scotia    Canada    1876    1881    
    created by legislature through almagamation of private colleges in the province    Harris, Robin S. A History of Higher Education in Canada 1663-1960.  University of Toronto Press. 1976.
Waterloo College    Waterloo, Ontario    Canada    1911    
    Evangelical Lutheran    In 1910 the Canada Synod and Synod of Central Canada of the Lutheran Church entered into an agreement to establish a Lutheran Seminary; the location first proposed was Toronto; Waterloo was selected when its citizens offered a tract of land; In 1911 the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada opened its doors; pre-theological education was established in 1914 with courses leading to senior matriculation given in Waterloo College School; in 1924 the Waterloo College of Arts, providing courses in post-secondary education in a four year program, was established; in 1925 the Faculty of Arts, under the name of Waterloo College, affiliated with the University of Western Ontario. Waterloo College soon began to offer Honours degree programs in the arts; the affiliation with the University of Western Ontario ended in 1960 when the Seminary obtained a revised charter changing the name of the institution to Waterloo Lutheran University; on November 1, 1973, Waterloo Lutheran University became Wilfrid Laurier University, one of Ontario's provincially assisted universities after Bill 178 was given Royal
Assent by the Lieutenant Governor, former Wilfrid Laurier University
Chancellor William Ross Macdonald    http://info.wlu.ca/wlu-hp/about/history.shtml
Westminster Hall    Vancouver, British Columbia    Canada    1980    
    In 1927, Ryerson College, Westminster Hall, and the Congregational College of British Columbia were amalgamated to form the United Church's Union College of British Columbia, housed in the west wing of the Iona Building, constructed that year; Vancouver School of Theology formed from affiliation of Union with the Anglican Theological College after 1971    http://www.vst.edu/about/history.php
William and Catherine Booth College    Winnipeg, Manitoba    Canada    1982    
    Salvation Army    name change proposed to Booth University College for Fall 2010    http://www.boothcollege.ca/

Last update:    6/21/2011    



Please Wait... processing
у нас ry-diplomer.com

www.ry-diploma.com/diplom-spetsialista/

www.medicaments-24.com