WE ARE ABOUT TRUST AND TRANSPARENCY! SEE OUR REVIEWS. BUY THE BEST HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE DIPLOMAS, TRANSCRIPTS & DEGREES

Article - Colleges in Ohio that have closed, merged, or changed their names

 This file includes institutions that have closed, merged, or changed their names.  If you note a need for changing or updating information, please notify [email protected]

An index with links to separate pages for other states and countries is available at http://www2.westminster-mo.edu/wc_users/homepages/staff/brownr/ClosedCollegeIndex.htm.   There is also a blog at http://collegehistorygarden.blogspot.com/ with links to other resources.  Thanks for your interest!    
College Name    City    State    Start Date    End Date    Affiliation    Other Information    Source
ALB Inductive University    Lisbon    Ohio    1900    
    
    founded by C. Manly Rice    Cummins, D. Duane.  The Disciples Colleges: A History.  1987.
www.mun.ca/rels/restmov/texts/jtbrown/coc/COC18584.HTM
Alfred Holbrook College    Manchester    Ohio    1855    1941    
    moved to Manchester from Lebanon, Ohio in 1934    www.manchesterohio.org/page2.html
Alliance College    Alliance    Ohio    1868    
    Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)    
    Cummins, D. Duane.  The Disciples Colleges: A History.  1987.
Alma College    New Athens    Ohio    1818    1825    
    renamed Franklin College in 1825    www.rurdev.usda.gov/rhs/cf/franklin_museum.htm
Burke, Colin B. American Collegiate Populations. 1982.
Aristotle College    
    Ohio    1977    1990    
    www.ed-oha.org/cases/1989-35-s.html proprietary institution of higher education with locations also in Indiana    
Belmont College    Cincinnati    Ohio    1865    1891    
    successor to Farmers' College; Ohio Military Institute opened on the site in 1892    www.homestead.com/OMIOhioMilitaryInst/AboutOMI.html
Beverly College    Beverly    Ohio    1840's    
    Cumberland Presbyterian    
    www.cumberland.org/hfcpc/mcdonold/42-49.htm
Burke, Colin B. American Collegiate Populations. 1982.
Bliss College    Columbus    Ohio    1899    1993    
    
Botanico-Medical College    Columbus    Ohio    1836    
    
    opened by Alva Curtis and initially operated without state charter; in March 1839, Curtis opened the state-chartered Literary and Botanico-Medical Institute of Ohio; the institution moved to Cincinnati in 1841    Haller, John.  Kindly Medicine: Physio-Medicalism in America, 1836-1911.  1997.
Buchtel College    Akron    Ohio    1870    
    Ohio Universalist Convention    became Municipal University of Akron in 1913 after city assumed control, became University of Akron in 1926 and affiliated with the state after 1963    Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
Cedarville College    Cedarville    Ohio    1887    
    Reformed Presbyterian Church; later, Baptist    ownership transferred to trustees of Baptist Bible Institute of Cleveland in 1953; name change to Cedarville University in 2000    www.cedarville.edu
Central College    Blendon    Ohio    1849    
    
    initially the Blendon Institute?    Burke, Colin B. American Collegiate Populations. 1982.
Central Mennonite College    Bluffton    Ohio    1899    
    
    name changed to Bluffton College (now Bluffton University) in 1914    Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
Central Ohio Classical & Business College    East Liberty    Ohio    1882    
    
    Cummins, D. Duane.  The Disciples Colleges: A History.  1987.
Cincinnati College    Cincinnati    Ohio    
    1897    
    merged with University of Cincinnati    Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
Cincinnati College of Pharmacy    Cincinnati    Ohio    
    1954    
    merged with University of Cincinnati    Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
Cincinnati Metropolitan College    Cincinnati    Ohio    
    
    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Cincinnati Wesleyan College for Young Women    Cincinnati    Ohio    
    
    http://www.crl.edu/content.asp?l1=5&l2=22&l3=39&top=10
Cleveland Bible College    Cleveland    Ohio    1937    
    
    founded as Christian Workers Training School in 1892; moved to Canton, OH in 1957 and name changed to Malone College; name changed to Malone University in October 2008    www.malone.edu
Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Collegs: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
Brenner, Morgan G.  The Encyclopedia of College & University Name Histories.  2003.
College of Physicians and Surgeons    Cleveland    Ohio    1897    
    
    absorbed by Cleveland Medical College in 1910    http://www.lkwdpl.org/history/7biographyK-L.htm
Cleveland Homeopathic Medical College    Cleveland    Ohio    1851    1890    
    http://www.crl.edu/content.asp?l1=5&l2=22&l3=39&top=10
www.collphyphil.org/FIND_AID/hist/histlmh1.htm
Cleveland Law College    Cleveland    Ohio    1885    1886    
    suspended operations after one academic year    http://ech.cwru.edu/
Cleveland Medical College    Cleveland    Ohio    1843    
    
    several of the physicians who taught at Willoughby Medical College moved to Cleveland to establish a new medical school called the Cleveland Medical College; legally affiliated with Western Reserve College, then located in Hudson, Ohio and was also known as the Medical Department of Western Reserve College; until 1924 the school was located in downtown Cleveland on 9th Street at St. Clair Ave. when it moved to the University Circle area of Cleveland,    http://www.cwru.edu/artsci/dittrick/smallpox/med-schools.htm
Cleveland University    Cleveland    Ohio    1851    1853    
    Cleveland's first institution of higher learning;     http://ech.cwru.edu/
College of Music    Cincinnati    Ohio    1878    
    
    www.libraries.uc.edu/libraries/arb/archives/collections/MusicSchools.html
College of Music of Cincinnati    Cincinnati    Ohio    1878    
    
    merged with Cincinnati Conservatory of Musicin 1955 becoming College-Conservatory of Music; in 1962 became part of University of Cincinnati    www.libraries.uc.edu/libraries/arb/archives/collections/MusicSchools.html
College of Saint Mary of the Springs    Columbus    Ohio    
    Dominican Sisters    founded as Saint Mary's Convent & Academy; moved to Columbus, OH from Somerset, OH in 1866; name change to College of Saint Mary of the Springs in 1924;  now Ohio Dominican University after 1868    Schier and Russett.  Catholic Women's Colleges in America.  2002
Brenner, Morgan G.  The Encyclopedia of College & University Name Histories.  2003.
College of the Dayton Art Institute    Dayton     Ohio    
    1974    
    Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
College of the Immaculate Conception    between Canton and Massillon    Ohio    1908    
    Sisters of Humility, BVM    
    Schier and Russett.  Catholic Women's Colleges in America.  2002.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07418a.htm
College of the Sacred Heart    Clifton/ Cincinnati    Ohio    
    1935    Religious of the Sacred Heart of Jesus    later Clifton College prior to closing    http://www.crl.edu/content.asp?l1=5&l2=22&l3=39&top=10
Schier and Russett.  Catholic Women's Colleges in America. 2002.
The College of Wooster    Wooster    Ohio    1866    
    United Presbyterian    initially established as the University of Wooster; adopted current name in 1914; independent since 1969; voluntary affiliation with The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)    http://wooster.edu/en/About-Wooster/History-Traditions.aspx
Columbus Business University    Columbus    Ohio    1911    
    
    acquired by Bradford Schools, Inc. in 1986    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Columbus Medical College    Columbus    Ohio    1876    1892    
    http://bones.med.ohio-state.edu/heritage/meded/case1_3.html
Columbus Metropolitan College    Columbus    Ohio    
    
    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Dana's Musical Institute and College of Music    Warren    Ohio    1869    
    
    founded by William Henry Dana; merged with Youngstown College (now Youngstown State University) in 1941; its student orchestra, founded in 1870, is the oldest, continuously functioning, student instrumental ensemble in the country, if not the world    http://www.crl.edu/content.asp?l1=5&l2=22&l3=39&top=10
Dayton Art Institute    Dayton     Ohio    
    1974    
    
Dayton Masonic College    Dayton     Ohio    1885    
    
    three story brick building; Creed M. Fulton listed as first president    www.tngenweb.org/rhea/rhgoodspeed.htm
Dayton YMCA College    Dayton     Ohio    
    
    http://www.crl.edu/content.asp?l1=5&l2=22&l3=39&top=10
Desales College    Toledo    Ohio    
    
    http://www.crl.edu/content.asp?l1=5&l2=22&l3=39&top=10
Dyke and Spencerian College    Cleveland    Ohio    
    
    see entry for Folsom's Mercantile College    http://www.crl.edu/content.asp?l1=5&l2=22&l3=39&top=10
Eclectic Medical College    Cincinnati    Ohio    1845    1942    
    Haller, John.  A Profile in Alternative Medicine: the Eclectic Medical College of Cincinnati, 1845-1942, Kent State University Press, 1999.
Edgecliff College    Cincinnati    Ohio    1970    1980    Sisters of Mercy    previously known as Our Lady of Cincinnati College; later acquired by Xavier    www.xu.edu/news/2000/xunews0427.html
Schier and Russett.  Catholic Women's Colleges in America.  2002.
Fairmont College    Lebanon    Ohio    
    
    Burke, Colin B. American Collegiate Populations. 1982.
Farmer College    College Hill    Ohio    1874    
    Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)    
    Cummins, D. Duane.  The Disciples Colleges: A History.  1987.
Farmers College    Cincinnati    Ohio    1847    1860's    
    closed during Civil War and reopened after the war as Belmont College    http://chpc.org/about/history.htm
www.homestead.com/OMIOhioMilitaryInst/AboutOMI.html
Fayette Normal University    Fayette    Ohio    1880    
    
    previously Fayette Normal College of Music and Business    www.villageoffayette.com/artscouncil.htm
Cummins, D. Duane.  The Disciples Colleges: A History.  1987.
Fenn College    Cleveland    Ohio    1881    
    
    founded as YMCA Educational Branch, became Cleveland YMCA School of Technology in 1921, Fenn College of Cleveland YMCA School of Technology in 1930, became independent of YMCA in 1951, adopted name of Cleveland State University in 1965 after state assumed control, merged with Cleveland-Marshall School of Law in 1969    Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
Folsom's Mercantile College    Cleveland    Ohio    1848    
    
    first college founded in Cleveland; became know as Folsom's Commercial College; John D. Rockefeller graduated from Folsom's in 1855; later became Bryant, Lusk & Stratton Business College, serving as a model for chain of Bryant & Stratton business schools across the country; later became Spencerian Business College in the 1870's and ultimately merged to form Dyke College; name changed to David N. Meyers College and operated as Meyers University until a change to Chancellor University in 2008 with a change in ownership    http://ech.cwru.edu/
Songe, Alice H. American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes. 1978.
http://www.myers.edu/
Franklin College    New Athens    Ohio    1825    1919    
    www.rurdev.usda.gov/rhs/cf/franklin_museum.htm
Burke, Colin B. American Collegiate Populations. 1982.
Franklin College    Wilmington    Ohio    1863    
    Friends    name changed to Wilmington College in 1870    Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
Franklin College    Wilmington    Ohio    1865    
    Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)    
    Cummins, D. Duane.  The Disciples Colleges: A History.  1987.
Free-Time Peoples College    Springfield     Ohio    
    
    faculty from Wittenberg College cooperated with YMCA to offer free college courses for people who could not pay    
German Wallace College    Berea    Ohio    1863    
    Methodist    created as German department of Baldwin University; after merger in 1913, renamed Baldwin-Wallace College    Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
Germania College    Columbus    Ohio    1842    1846    Ohio Synod of Evangelical Lutheran Church    authorized for Evangelical Lutheran Seminary in 1839 though no action followed until 1842; venture failed to survive tension over language and other issues that forced temporary closing of the seminary in 1846; later, a charter was secured in 1850 for Capital University    Solberg.  Lutheran Higher Education in North America.  1985.
Glendale College    Glendale    Ohio    1854    1929    
    founded as American Female College; name soon changed to Glendale Female College    www.glendaleohio.org/
Granville College    Granville    Ohio    1831    
    
    founded as Granville Literary and Theological Institution, became Granville College in 1845 and Dennison University in 1856    Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
Grundry's Cincinnati Mercantile College    Cincinnati    Ohio    
    
    
Hammel College    Akron    Ohio    
    
    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Harding Brothers College    
    Ohio    
    
    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Harlem Springs College    Harlem Springs    Ohio    1858    
    
    found by John R. Steeves; see entry for Scio College    http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/oh/carrol/history/part4.txt
Heidelberg College    Tiffin    Ohio    1850    
    United Church of Christ    founded as Heidelberg University; name changed to Heidelberg College in 1926; approved name change to Heidelberg University Oct. '08, effective F' '09    http://www.heidelberg.edu/
Hillsboro College    Hillsboro    Ohio    
    
    http://www.crl.edu/content.asp?l1=5&l2=22&l3=39&top=10
Homeopathic Hospital College      Cleveland    Ohio    1849    
    
    The college building was first located, was at the corner of Prospect and Ontario streets; in 1852 considerable damage was done to the building and its contents by a mob of several thousand people, who were incited thereto by stories of stolen bodies being traced to the college dissecting room; the second home of the college was in a church building, formerly owned by the Congregationalists, on Prospect street, a little below Erie street; it remained there for several years, working in connection with the Homoeopathic Hospital, on Huron street; in 1890, the college became divided into two schools, one taking the name of the Cleveland University of Medicine and Surgery, with headquarters on Huron street, and the other, the Cleveland Medical College, located on Bolivar street.    http://www.clevelandmemory.org/ebooks/kennedy/c13.html
Homeopathic Hospital College for Women    Cleveland    Ohio    1867    
    
    founded by Dr. Myra King Merrick; eventually merged with the Western College of Homeopathic Medicine, which became known as the Cleveland Homeopathic Medical College    http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/ohc/history/ocoa/peo/merrickm.shtml
Hopedale College    Hopedale    Ohio    
    
    founded by Silas McNeely    
Iberia College    Iberia    Ohio    1854    
    Free Presbyterian    control transferred to United Presbyterians at close of Civil War; name changed to Ohio Central College sometime later; Mansfield Presbytery relinquished control in 1875 and continued to operate for at least five years as non-sectartian institution; Warren G. Harding attended from 1879-1882    http://www.heritagepursuit.com/Morrow/MorChXII.htm
Jefferson Business College    
    Ohio    
    
    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Laura Memorial Woman's Medical College    Cincinnati    Ohio    1890    1902    
    www.collphyphil.org/FIND_AID/hist/histlmh1.htm
Lebanon University    Lebanon    Ohio    1907    1917    
    
    http://enquirer.com/editions/2000/09/10/loc_lebanons_national.html
Lima College    Lima    Ohio    1893    1908    
    Simon Peter Long was president, 1898-1903; Jameson and Rice Avenues; building became Horace Mann Elementary School after 1908    http://www.vobbe.net/postcard/Lima_College1908a.jpg
http://www.crl.edu/collcat/collcatL.htm
http://www.limacityschools.org/lcshomepage.nsf/history?OpenPage&Click=
chi.lcms.org/history/tih0103.htm
Lorain Business College    Lorain    Ohio    
    
     Ohio Business College for transcripts    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Lourdes Junior College    Sylvania    Ohio    1943    
    Franciscan    founded as an extension campus of the College of St. Theresa (Winona, Minnesota) to educate sisters of the Franciscan community; became Lourdes Junior College in 1958; began to admit lay women in 1969; name change to Lourdes College in 1973; admitted lay men in 1975; name change to Lourdes University in Fall 2011    http://www.lourdes.edu/AboutLourdes/HistoryoftheCollege.aspx
Madison College    Antrim    Ohio    1837    1859    
    founded as Philomathean Literary Institute by Samuel Findley; renamed Madison College after 1939; in 1946 Samuel Mehaffey became president, followed by A.D. Clark, W. Doal, Thomas Palmer, and Samuel Findley, Jr., son of the founder    www.bgsu.edu/departments/math/Ohio-section/bicen/MadisonCollege/stories.html
Mansfield Business College    
    Ohio    
    
    
    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Marion Business College    
    Ohio    
    
     Ohio Business College for transcripts    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Mary Manse College    Toledo    Ohio    1872    1975    Ursuline Sisters    charter transferred to Muskingum College in Zanesville, OH    www.rurdev.usda.gov/rhs/cf/franklin_museum.htm
Schier and Russett.  Catholic Women's Colleges in America.  2002.
Marycrest College    Toledo    Ohio    
    1993    
    
Masonic University    Cincinnati    Ohio    
    
    
McKicken University    Cincinnati    Ohio    1858    
    
    predecessor to University of Cincinnati (founded in 1870)    www.eng.us.edu/welcome/timeline
Medcentral College of Nursing    Mansfield    Ohio    1919    
    
    evolved from a hospital-based diploma program which was established by the Mansfield General Hospital; began offering baccalaureate degree in nursing after 1997 with name change to Medcentral College of Nursing; acquired by Ashland University in 2010    http://www.ashland.edu/nursing
Medical College of Ohio    Cincinnati    Ohio    1821    1896    
    merged with University of Cincinnati    Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
www.collphyphil.org/FIND_AID/hist/histlmh1.htm
Medical College of Ohio    Toledo    Ohio    1965    
    state supported    founded as Toledo State College of Medicine, by 1971 was known as the Medical College of Ohio; first class of students graduated in 1972; became Medical University of Ohio at Toledo in 2005    http://www.meduohio.edu/index.html
Methodist Protestant College    West Lafayette    Ohio    
    1916    
    merged with Adrian College (Adrian, MI)    Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
Metropolitan College of Music    Cincinnati    Ohio    
    
    Mu Phi Epsion founded in 1903    www.libraries.uc.edu/libraries/arb/archives/collections/MusicSchools.html
Miami Medical College    Cincinnati    Ohio    1852    1909    
    merged with Medical College of Ohio to form Ohio-Miami Medical College of University of Cincinnati    www.med.uc.edu/departme/ent/ENT_Pages/overview/history.html
Middletown Business College    
    Ohio    
    
     Southwestern College of Business for transcripts    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Midland College of Commerce    Ashland    Ohio    
    
    
Mount Union College    Alliance    Ohio    1846    
    
    known as Mount Union Seminary by 1849; chartered in 1858 as Mount Union College; absorbed Scio College in 1911; name change to University of Mount Union approved in 2010    http://www2.muc.edu/
Mount Vernon Bible College    Mount Vernon    Ohio    1956    
    Foursquare Gospel Church    moved to Christiansburg, VA in 1988 and renamed L.I.F.E. Bible Colleg East    Hunt and Carper, eds.  Religious Higher Education in the United States. 1996.
MTI Business College    
    Ohio    
    
    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Muhlenberg College    
    Ohio    1848    1849    English district of Ohio Synod of Evangelical Lutheran Church    not to be confused with Muhlenberg College in Pennsylvania    Solberg.  Lutheran Higher Education in North America.  1985.
Muskingum College    New Concord    Ohio    1837    
    Presbyterian    name change to Muskingum University in 2009    http://www.muskingum.edu/home/
National Normal University    Lebanon    Ohio    1855    1907    
    National Normal School changed to National Normal University in 1881; changed to Lebanon University in 1907; merged with Wilmington College (OH)    enquirer.com/editions/2000/09/10/loc-lebanons_national.html
Brenner, Morgan G.  The Encyclopedia of College & University Name Histories.  2003.
Northeastern Ohio Universities Colleges of Medicine and Pharmacy    Rootstown    Ohio    1973    
    state supported    founded by Ohio legislature with initial University of Akron, Kent State University, and Youngstown State University as partners; Cleveland State University joined group in 2008; name changed to Northeast Ohio Medical University in July 2010    http://www.neoucom.edu/audience/about/history/schoolhistory
Northern Ohio Normal College    Mansfield    Ohio    1883    
    
    Cummins, D. Duane.  The Disciples Colleges: A History.  1987.
Northwestern Ohio Medical College    Toledo    Ohio    1882    
    
    successor of Toledo School of Medicine that was started in 1878    www.collphyphil.org/FIND_AID/hist/histlmh1.htm
http://www.heritagepursuit.com/Lucas/LucasHygienicChapI-541.htm
Ohio Agricultural & Mechanical College    Columbus    Ohio    1870    
    state supported    name change to Ohio State University in 1878    Brenner, Morgan G.  The Encyclopedia of College & University Name Histories.  2003.
Ohio Central College    Iberia    Ohio    
    United Presbyterian    founded as Iberia College in 1854 by Free Presbyterian Church; name changed after the Civil War; non-sectarian after 1875    http://www.heritagepursuit.com/Morrow/MorChXII.htm
Ohio College of Applied Science    
    Ohio    
    1969    
    merged with the University of Cincinnati    Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
Ohio College of Business & Technology    
    Ohio    
    
    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Ohio Female College    College Hill    Ohio    
    
    http://chpc.org/about/history.htm
Ohio Law College    Poland    Ohio    
    
    http://www.heritagepursuit.com/Lucas/LucasMilitaryChapVIIReg111-194.htm
Ohio Medical University    Columbus    Ohio    1892    1907    
    merged with Starling Medical College; in 1914 became college within Ohio State University    http://bones.med.ohio-state.edu/heritage/meded/case1_4.html
Ohio Normal University    Ada    Ohio    1871    
    Methodist    founded as Northwestern Ohio Normal School, became Ohio Normal University in 1885, and Ohio Northern University in 1903    Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
Ohio Reformed Medical College    Worthington    Ohio    
    
    http://ibibilio.org/herbmed/eclectic/_ephermera/bios-emi.html
Otterbein University of Ohio    Westerville    Ohio    1847    
    
    changed name to Otterbein College in 1917 and to Otterbein University in 2010    
Our Lady of Cincinnati College    Edgecliff / Walnut Hills / Cincinnati    Ohio    1935    
    Sisters of Mercy    women's college; co-ed after 1970 as Edgecliff College; now Xavier University    www.xu.edu/news/2000/xunews0427.html
Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
Oxford College of Music and Art    Oxford    Ohio    1849    1928    
    merged with Miami University in 1928    www.cityofoxford.org/History/
www.muohio.edu/~hstcwis/miamimiles.html
Penn-Ohio College    Youngstown    Ohio    
    1996    
     the State of Ohio Board of Career Colleges and Schools for transcripts    
Phillips College    Coal Grove    Ohio    
    
    
Physio-Eclectic Medical College    Cincinnati    Ohio    
    
    Haller, John.  Kindly Medicine: Physio-Medicalism in America, 1836-1911.  1997.
Physio-Medical College    Cincinnati    Ohio    
    1880    
    moved by Alva Curtis from Columbus; see entry for Botanico-Medical College; name changed to Physio-Medical College in 1850; the literary and medical departments were separated in 1851 with the medical department adopting the name of Physopathic Medical College of Ohio; after 1869 there was little teaching and the school essentially operated as a diploma mill    Haller, John.  Kindly Medicine: Physio-Medicalism in America, 1836-1911.  1997.
Physio-Medical Institute    Cincinnati    Ohio    1859    1885    
    founded by William H. Cook to compete with Physio-Medical College; after closing, Cook and several faculty moved to Chicago and opened the Chicago Physio-Medical Institute    Haller, John.  Kindly Medicine: Physio-Medicalism in America, 1836-1911.  1997.
Polytechnic and Commercial College    Cincinnati    Ohio    1854    
    
    Burke, Colin B. American Collegiate Populations. 1982.
Portsmouth Interstate Business College    
    Ohio    
    
    see Southeastern Business College for transcripts    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Providence College    Oak Hill    Ohio    
    
    Burke, Colin B. American Collegiate Populations. 1982.
Pulte Medical College    Cincinnati    Ohio    1873    1904    
    Seventh and Mound Streets in what was previously Maxwell's Young Woman's Academy; set up to train homeopathic physicians    http://www.homeoint.org/history/king/2-07.htm
Richmond College    Richmond    Ohio    1835    
    Quaker    Burke lists as non-sectarian    http://www.rootsweb.com/~ohbutler/cyc/545.htm
Burke, Colin B. American Collegiate Populations. 1982.
Ripley College    Ripley    Ohio    1829    
    
    founded by John Rankin    http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/ohc/history/ocoa/peo/rankinj.shtml
Burke, Colin B. American Collegiate Populations. 1982.
Saint Ignatius College    Cleveland    Ohio    1886    
    Society of Jesus    became Cleveland University in 1923 and John Carroll University later in 1923; merged with Borromeo College of Ohio in 1991    www.newadvent.org/cathen/04055a.htm
Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
Brenner, Morgan G.  The Encyclopedia of College & University Name Histories.  2003.
Saint John College of Cleveland    Cleveland    Ohio    1928    1974    
    
Saint John's College    Toledo    Ohio    1898    1936    Jesuits    
    http://www.crl.edu/content.asp?l1=5&l2=22&l3=39&top=10
Saint John's College    Cleveland    Ohio    1854    1974    
    www.newadvent.org/cathen/04055a.htm
Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
Burke, Colin B. American Collegiate Populations. 1982.
Saint Joseph's Franciscan College    Cleveland    Ohio    1876    
    
    www.newadvent.org/cathen/04055a.htm
Saint Leonard College    Dayton     Ohio    1958    
    Franciscan    later moved to Centerville; now Franciscan at St. Leonard Retirement Community    
Saint Mary of the Springs    Columbus    Ohio    1911    
    Dominican Sisters    name changed to Ohio Dominican College in 1968 and to Ohio Dominican University in 2002    Songe, Alice H.  American Universities and Colleges: A Dictionary of Name Changes.  1978.
www.ohiodominican.edu
Saint Mary's College    Dayton     Ohio    1850    
    
    founded as Saint Mary's School for Boys; name changed to Saint Mary's Institute in 1878 and to Saint Mary's College in 1912, then to the University of Dayton in 1920    Brenner, Morgan G.  The Encyclopedia of College & University Name Histories.  2003.
Saint Peter's College    Chillicothe    Ohio    1854    
    
    Burke, Colin B. American Collegiate Populations. 1982.
www.archives.nd.edu/calendar/calend-h.htm
Salem Bible College    Salem    Ohio    1956    
    Allegheny Wesleyan Methodist Connection    renamed Allegheny Wesleyan College in 1973    www.awc.edu
Sawyer College    Springfield, Cleveland    Ohio    
    
    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Schauffler College    Cleveland    Ohio    1886    
    Congregational Church    founded as school for home missionaries to Bohemian, Polish, and Slovak populations; evolved into women's college; transferred in 1954 to Oberline Graduate School of Theology as Schauffler Division of Christian Education; when School of Theology moved to Vanderbuilt University, Schauffler programs moved to Defiance College in 1967    www.oberlin.edu/archive/WWW_files/schauffler_b.html
Scio College    Scio    Ohio    1857    1911    
    founded at Harlem Springs, OH; in 1867 moved to New Market where it was known variously as New Market College, One-Study University and Scio College after 1878; united with Mount Union College in 1911    http://www2.muc.edu/
Brenner, Morgan G.  The Encyclopedia of College & University Name Histories.  2003.
Shepardson College    Granville    Ohio    1832    
    Baptist    founded by Charles Sawyer as Granville Female Seminary; became known as the Young Ladies' Institute in 1861; changed names in 1886, becoming known as Shepardson College for Women; united with Denison University in 1897    www.denison.edu
Sisters College of Cleveland    Cleveland    Ohio    
    
    http://www.crl.edu/content.asp?l1=5&l2=22&l3=39&top=10
Southern Ohio College    
    Ohio    
    
    acquired by Brown Mackie College, now a part of Educational Management Corporation    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Stark Technical College    Canton    Ohio    1960    
    public    Founded as Canton Area Technical School; later became known as Stark State Technical Institute and, by 1972, was named Stark Technical College; name to Stark State College of Technology in 1996 and to Stark State College in 2011;    http://www.starkstate.edu/?q=news/spring-enrollment-name-change
Starling Medical College    Columbus    Ohio    1848    1907    
    http://bones.med.ohio-state.edu/heritage/meded/case1_2.html
Starling-Ohio Medical College    Columbus    Ohio    1907    1914    
    formerd by merger of Starling and Ohio Medical Colleges; became a college within Ohio State University    http://bones.med.ohio-state.edu/heritage/meded/case1_5.html
Stephens College of Fashion & Design    Toledo    Ohio    
    
     Davis College for transcripts    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Toledo Business College    Toledo    Ohio    1858    
    
    in 1894 became Davis Business College    http://www.daviscollege.edu/history.html
Toledo Medical College    Toledo    Ohio    1882    1904    
    initially on Superior Street, near the corner of Monroe; later on Superior Street, near Cherry; merged with Toledo University    Brenner, Morgan G.  The Encyclopedia of College & University Name Histories.  2003.
http://www.heritagepursuit.com/Lucas/LucasHygienicChapI-541.htm
Toledo YMCA College of Law    Toledo    Ohio    
    1909    
    merged with Toledo University    Brenner, Morgan G.  The Encyclopedia of College & University Name Histories.  2003.
Twin Valley College    Germantown    Ohio    
    
    http://www.crl.edu/content.asp?l1=5&l2=22&l3=39&top=10
Ursuline Teacher Training School    
    Ohio    
    Ursuline Sisters    founded for the education of Sisters, probably never enrolled lay students    Schier and Russett.  Catholic Women's Colleges in America.  2002.
Wesleyan Female College    Cincinnati    Ohio    1842    1892    
    reorganized in 1862 as the Cincinnati Wesleyan Female College. Name was changed to Cincinnati Wesleyan College in 1876    http://docsouth.unc.edu/church/haley/menu.html
http://olc7.ohiolink.edu/morgan/view.php?id=4965
Western College    Oxford    Ohio    
    
    founded as Western College for Women; later, Western Female Seminary in 1855; merged with Miami University in 1974    http://w3.iac.net/~mcguffey/OxfordHistory/Western_OFC/.htmls/western.html
Brenner, Morgan G.  The Encyclopedia of College & University Name Histories.  2003.
Western College of Homeopathic Medicine    Cleveland    Ohio    1850    
    
    the corner of Prospect and Ontario Streets; merged with the Pulte Homeopathic College in Cincinnati in 1910 but remained in Cleveland; in 1914 a final merger with Ohio State University medical school led to the withdrawal of the college from Cleveland    http://www.cwru.edu/artsci/dittrick/smallpox/med-schools.htm
Whiting Business College    
    Ohio    
    
    
    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts
Willoughby University    Willoughby    Ohio    1834    1848    
    The Willoughby University of Lake Erie, the forerunner of the Willoughby Medical College of Columbus, was chartered on March 3, 1834. It was located nineteen miles east of Cleveland near the Chagrin River in what is now Willoughby. The college trustees decided to move the University to Columbus in 1847. This decision followed several years of competition for students with another medical school in northeastern Ohio--the Medical Department of Western Reserve College, founded in 1843. Another factor in the decision to move was a poor relationship that developed with the townspeople of Willoughby following the school's alleged involvement in an 1843 grave-robbing incident. On Jan. 14, 1847, the state legislature passed an amendment to the 1834 charter of the Willoughby University of Lake Erie, authorizing its transfer to Columbus as the "Willoughby Medical College of Columbus." Noah H. Swayne, one of Ohio's most famous jurists and a future U.S. Supreme Court justice under President Lincoln, was named President of the College.    http://bones.med.ohio-state.edu/heritage/meded/case1_1.htm
http://medicine.osu.edu/oto/history.html
www.ohio2000.org/markers/lawilloughbye.html
http://medicine.osu.edu/psychiatry/158.cfm
Wittenburg College    Springfield    Ohio    1845    
    English Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Ohio    initial classes held in Wooster, OH and soon moved to Springfield, OH; name change to Wittenberg University in 1959    http://www4.wittenberg.edu/about/history.html
Wittenburg-Dayton Y.M.C.A. Junior College    Dayton     Ohio    1887    
    
    organized into several disciplines including a school of Liberal Arts, the Dayton YMCA School of Commerce, the Dayton Law School, and the Dayton Technical School; offered 4-year degrees for a period; renamed Sinclair College in 1948; operated as an independent, non-profit by 1959; operated as a community college after 1966    http://www.sinclair.edu/about/history/
http://www.crl.edu/content.asp?l1=5&l2=22&l3=39&top=10
Woodward College    Cincinnati    Ohio    1831    1851    
    www.clements.umich.edu/Gurls/Guides/Bradford.html
Burke, Colin B. American Collegiate Populations. 1982.
Worthington College    Worthington    Ohio    1819    1828    Episcopal    teachers and students moved to Kenyon College    Hunt and Carper, eds.  Religious Higher Education in the United States. 1996.
Worthington Medical College    Worthington    Ohio    1832    
    
    relocated to Cincinnati in 1845 and operated as Eclectic Medical Institute, closing around 1906;     http://www.kypost.com/2002/feb/04/reis020402.html
www.collphyphil.org/FIND_AID/hist/histlmh1.htm
Wooster Business College    
    Ohio    
    
    http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm#School%20Transcripts

    
    
    

    

    site hit counter
last update:
    7/26/2011    
    
    
    
    

    
    
    
    
    



Please Wait... processing
обращайтесь

diploma-home.com/city-diplom-v-cheboksarakh.html

https://www.biceps-ua.com/